Monday, September 29, 2008

We've made it through 7 years!!

Today we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. The day was a little hectic .. still dealing with Ezra and his crankiness from his surgery and on top of that Michael fell and cut his lip open which got me a trip to the ER but no stitches. After all this, I was very happy to find out that Nino actually remembered we had an anniversary this year. Still no card -- he didn't have time .. hmmm -- but I'm trying to learn that it's the thought that counts. He took me out to a nice dinner at my favorite place --Olive Garden, although even McDonald's is considered nice when we don't have 3 kids screaming and crying. After dinner we drove to the park where we went on our first date and went for a romantic walk and then he serenaded me with our song .. oh wait a minute .. that was the dream I had last night. After dinner we went and got his haircut and then went to Target. Not quite as romantic but hey we were alone for almost 3 hours. It's been a long 7 years, a lot of ups and downs, things didn't go the way we planned on them, but I can honestly say today that I am married to my best friend and I wouldn't have wanted to go through the last 7 years with anybody other than him.

7 comments:

The Dixon Gang said...

Very nice post. I was just trying to imagine Nino down on one knee serenading you when I realized it was a dream :) However I'm confused whether this was 6 years or 7 years?

Larry & Erica Evans said...

yeah...I even know Nino does NOT sng. ha ha ha! Don't worry, I had to keep reminding Larry for a few weeks that I HAD to have a card for my Bday. He's smart, he got 2. One sweet and one funny. This Thurs in our Anniv. I need to get him a card, maybe even 2. Let's see if he'll remember. It's our 10th. CRAZY huh? Anytme w/o kids is great. Miss you guys!

Em said...

congratulations!!! The days are slow, but the years go fast! I heard that somewhere and thought it was brilliant.

Our dates often include errands I didn't want to run with the kids. Such is life.

Ink-Pressive Prints: said...

I too was trying to imagine Nino being Mr. Romantic and singing to you.:) Don't feel bad, we have had some anniversaries where I got Mike and card, and he did not get me one, so he never opened the one I got him. Nice huh? I'm over it now. PS, try putting vinegar on your finger and into your kids mouth when they are not talking nicely. My kids hate it. Now all I have to do most of the time is threaten to get the vinegar, and Mommy gets her way. :)

Jenny and Chris Dixon said...

Congradulations, The dream part made me laugh, but I can totally understand the time away from kids being something special.

Janessa said...

I LOVE your blog! I didn't even know you had one!!! Your family pictures are sooo beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two! Sure miss your family and obviously so much has happened since we left Visalia. I am so happy for you to be a mom, you must be the best! I still remember how well you took care of Garrett and would sneak him a little baby food dessert here and there...:)Love you guys!