Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Today's The Day We Got Ezra Day!!

Oh my how time flies! Two years ago yesterday I was sitting at work contemplating whether or not to go ahead with my next infertility procedure since the last one had just failed. My whole world changed about 30 seconds later when my phone rang. It was the lady from the adoption agency asking me if we wanted to take a little boy about 7 months old. He was ready to be placed for adoption. Of course, my answer was YES, obviously, and so September 1, 2006 became "The Day We Got Ezra Day" and every year we celebrate him! Many things have changed since that day, we have 2 more children and Ezra is no longer a quiet, shy little baby, but as we celebrate having him with us for 2 whole years I look back and think of how blessed I am to have him in my life!

5 comments:

The Dixon Gang said...

Yeah, we love "The Day We Got Ezra Day"!!! What a lucky boy!!! We love you Ezra :)

jeannie said...

Where does the time go! What a great thing to celebrate!

Kenna said...

Yay for you guys! I'm so glad I finally checked my email, and saw you created a blog! Your family is so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Em said...

Hey! Welcome to the BLOG world! YOu guys have been hard to keep tabs on! It's Emily Zack's wife we have a blog at www.mkgal.blogspot.com. You have a BEAUTIFUL family!

HOpe to stay in touch better. I've got 3 years of Christmas cards in envelopes for you guys, maybe you'll get all of them this year! =) my email is zstovall2@yahoo.com also so I can get your address for that, if that's ok.

Have you see Elizabeth Minnick lately? She moved to Clovis I believe, love that girl.

Have a great weekendend!

Emily

APRIL EVANS said...

Time really does fly. Dang. You guys look so happy. We are going to try to take a trip down there in the next month. We will try to stop by.