Sunday, January 11, 2009

Today's The Day We Got Mikey Day!!


Two years ago today my life changed yet again. Ezra had been with us for about 4 months, I had known I was pregnant for about 3 months. Life was great. On January 11, 2007 I got a phone call from the adoptions unit about a 3 week old baby boy they needed a home for. I assured the lady who called that I could not handle this, already having a 1 year old and also being pregnant. I'm not sure if what she said next was true intuition or if it was a desperate plea to find this baby a home. I would like to think it was the first. She said to me, "Please think about this .. I was supposed to call a different family on the list but I felt prompted to call you." How do you say no to that? After a quick consult with my husband we said YES! The next few hours were a blur. Our families thought we were nuts and we kind of thought so too, but as I walked into that office and saw this little baby my heart sank. It would still be a year and a half before the adoption would be final but in that instant I knew he was mine. Welcome Michael Andrew! We love you with all our hearts!!

6 comments:

The Dixon Gang said...

We love you Mikey!!!

Tiffany said...

He's such a cutie! Aren't you so glad you said yes?! :o)

Larry & Erica Evans said...

oh Jen! I remember when we found out. We thought you guys were nuts....but you were doing the RIGHT thing! You have been so blessed with these boys in your house. THey will be the protectors of Brooklyn, although I can see her being able to handle her own with these two. These boys were meant for you and Nino. Now the boys will have 2 "birthdays", but Brooklyn might get jealous when she figures taht out!!!! HA. Love you guys!

APRIL EVANS said...

WELL NOW, THAT IS A BIT OF A TEAR JERKING STORY. I ADMIRE YOU FOR YOUR WILLINGNESS TO HAVE PRACTICALLY TRIPLETTS!!! IF ANYONE COULD DO IT, IT WAS YOU.

Kenna said...

You are so amazing! They are all so cute, and I'm sure you couldn't imagine life without any of them!

Emily said...

How cool! You've got such a great story to tell your boys when they get a bit older. Btw, that picture of Nino and Michael is so funny. They both look a little shell-shocked!