Thursday, September 25, 2008

Goodbye Tonsils and Adenoids!!



Anybody who has ever heard Ezra breathe / sleep / snore etc knows that he was a very loud guy. He was seen at Valley Kids ENT a few weeks ago and we found out he had to have his tonsils and adenoids out. He was showing signs of sleep apnea and had enlarged tonsils. He had his surgery on 9/23/08 and the doctor said that when he actually got in there his tonsils were about 3 times as big as they looked from the outisde and the adenoids were also enlarged. Ezra did fine through the surgery and is still a little bit whiney but I'm sure he'll be fine. He just doens't want to eat much right know although I don't blame him. We took some pics to docmuent his eventful day. The first one is before surgery but after they gave him versed. The second one is after surgery - he lost that excitement I guess!

7 comments:

jeannie said...

He looks so small in that big bed! Hope his sleeping issues are resolved! And give him lots of ice cream!

Em said...

What a big boy! I hear it is best to get those out early. As they recover so much better than even teens.

Glad it went well. LOVE the before picture. I need some of that. =)

The Dixon Gang said...

I tried posting yesterday but it wouldn't let me :( He looks so tiny in that bed. Give him hugs and kisses for me :)

Larry & Erica Evans said...

I am soooo happy everything went well! Thank goodness you got that taken care of. So will taht help his breathing now?

Matt & Mandy Evans said...

hey Jen its Mandy!! I havent talked to you guys in forever. We were just at Mom E's house and I saw pics of your kids.. they are so stinkin cute! Hope you guys are doing well.

Jenny and Chris Dixon said...

Poor little guy. Glad to know that everything is going well and that he will sleep better.

Tiffany said...

I was amazed at how much difference that made for Nathan! He snored like a man from the day he was born and then suddenly he was silently sleeping! I couldn't believe it! I hope he gets feeling better soon and that this really helps him feel better in general!